or Ankusha (in
originates during the churning of the
Ocean (Sky), when Vishnu used this hand gesture to pull up Mt. Mandara.
Its sage is Narada,
its race is Rishi,
its color is smokey-white,
its patron deity is Padmagarbha (Vishnu).
little, ring, and middle fingers into your palm. Stretch your
thumb by the side of your palm, and cap it with the pad of your index
finger directly above the tip of the thumb.
- Lakshmyam (“Goddess Lakshmi”);
- Saraswatyam (“Goddess Saraswati”);
- Veshtane (“winding”);
- Taladharana (“holding cymbals”);
- Godohanam (“milking cowas”);
- Anjanam (applying collytium”);
- Lilakusuma-dharana (“holding flower(s)
- Chelanchala-adi-grahana (“grasping the end
of a saree or a robe”);
- Patasya-iva-avaguntana (“covering the head
with a veil”);
- Dhupa-dipa-archanam (“offering incense”).
ART & Sciences
of history and dance technique