Sveta in Bharata-Natyam
I’m available on these social networks – feel free to ping me
The most exotic Indian and Arabic dances captivate us by their different cultures and the spectacular movements. The origins of Hindu and Oriental dance are very different. Indian Dance is a special form of dance, in which feelings are expressed through the eyes and gestures (mudras) of the hands, synchronized with the rhythm of the feet. The classic form called Bharata-Natyam appeared more than two thousand years ago and its positions and gestures have not changed to this day. (To read more about origin and history of dance visit KALAYATRA).
CV of Sveta Barkun
- International Diploma of the Academy of Arts “Kalakshetra”.
Professional dancer and choreographer.
- Figure skating title – Master of sport.
- Training in classical ballet and folklore with choreographer Olga Nikolaevna Tolstaya, National Ballet of Belarus
- University of Economics Studies, Belarus
- International Academy of Arts “Kalakshetra”, Chennai, India, in particular – choreographer, artist, dancer in classical Indian dance Bharatanatyam and Indian folklore.
- Studies of Carnatic music and singing
- Studies and diploma in Sanskrit and Tamil languages
- Training in Belly dance and folklore in Cairo with Raquia Hassan.
- Studies of flamenco with Carmen Lucena y Maria Dangla in Alicante.
- As a Spanish National Roller Skating Coach I prepared a few national champions and champions of Valencian Community.
Acting for the Queen Elizabeth II and presidents from different countries.
Presentation of various television programs in Spain, Belarus, India, Egypt.
I acted as an actress in a comedy series on television for the first channel in Russia, and has choreographed dances for several Hindi Bollywood movies. I starred in the documentary “Art is universal language” by Almouty Films in India.
It was my privilege to get training in classical Indian dance and Bollywood dance under the guidence of the renowned Indian teachers: Djanardanan, Narendran, Balagopal, Krishnaveni Lakshmanan, Vijayalakshmi and others.
I studied Belly dance with great teachers as Raqia Hassan, Dr. Mo. Geddavi, Kamal Naem, Momo Kadus, Nabil Mabruk, Hammad Hossam, Alaa Youssef, Atef & Magda.
I was a Choreographer of 4 dance spectacles:
“Origin of the Dance” presented in Belarus (Minsk) and Spain,
“Radha” presentation for Ambassador of India,
“Middle Way”, presented in Alicante, theater Arniches and
“Love, Women and Dance” presented on the stage auditorium in Alicante (Spain).
The shows reflect different life issues by medium of Indian, Arabic, Bollywood and flamenco dances.
I was invited to perform and teach master classes in Egypt, India, Russia, UK, Spain and some other countries.
I conducted a number of projects for festivals, performances and shows.
Dance takes its origin in Vedic times.
European civilization, including theater, music and dance, rests on the foundations laid by the Vedic settlers. Flamenco was formed as a result of the interaction of the Vedic dance culture with the local traditions of Asia Minor, the Eastern Mediterranean, North Africa and Spain proper.